Welcome to pot_icontest, an icon awards community for fans of the series Prince of Tennis! This community is maintained and moderated by hanjae, waka_laka and idyllica.
pot_icontest was created for icon-makers who love the anime Prince of Tennis to have friendly competitions and to show off their graphics skills. Everyone is welcome to join, whether they would like to enter icons or just to vote. Only members can enter icons, but you do not have to be a member to vote. This community is yaoi and yuri friendly, so be aware of mentioned content.
Each week, a special theme will be given. Members will submit icons related to this theme, and icons will be voted on. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will receive banners at the end of the week. 1st place winners will have their icons used as the community icons. There will also be a moderator's choice award if the week receives 7 or more icons. Each mod will take turns to mod a whole week, which includes the theme, voting, winners, and banners.
G E N E R A L
1. Be polite and refrain from making critical comments on others' icons.
2. Do not steal other people's work.
3. If you are interested in any of the icons submitted, please contact the icon-maker       themselves. At the end of every week, a list of participants will be added to the end of the       Voting post.
4. Please don't complain if you don't win, because there is nothing we can do about it.
S U B M I S S I O N
Every Monday, one of the mods will post a new theme after the end of the previous week's challenge. Icons are to be submitted between Monday and Friday 6:00pm EST. If you have trouble converting time from your time zone to EST, this site here is very useful. Comments will be screened by default.
1. Each member may only submit one icon per theme.
2. Original art is preferred and encouraged, however:
a. Fanart is forbidden. Credit or no, artists have spent hours on their work, and therefore, it            should only be left for their own uses.
b. Doujin art is allowed, but you must include a copy of the original picture. If it was scanned,            please post the full page, not just a section.
3. All icons should be no bigger than 100x100pixels/40kb, in .jpg, .gif, or .png format.
4. All icons must be related to Prince of Tennis - from the manga, anime or musical only, not     some random tennis ball/player, etc.
5. Do not advertise your icon before the end of the contest! That means you are not allowed to     mention it anywhere, post it, or show it to anyone. If you are caught doing this, you will be     disqualified. You will get 2 chances. A third will earn you a ban from the community.
6. Icons must be made 'fresh' for each theme, which means they have to be made only for the     contest and not something you made in the past.
7. Icons must be uploaded on a server that allows you to hotlink, e.g. Photobucket.
8. If there are any problems with submission, or there is something about your submission that     needs changing, please contact me (contact info is down the bottom).
9. Please submit your icons in the following format:
Journal: Journal to which you want to be credited
V O T I N G
Voting for icons start on Friday 6:00pm EST and close on the following Sunday 6:00pm EST. Comments will be screened by default as well.
1. Vote for the three icons that you think is the best - most aesthetically pleasing, has the most     work put into it, is obvious that the icon-maker tried very hard with it, etc.
2. Vote for the specified number of icons. If you 'don't find any of the others worth voting for',     don't bother vote at all, because it wouldn't be counted.
3. Do not vote on character-base. Just because you don't like a character doesn't mean the icon     is not good. This is an icon-award community, not a character rating one. Vote fairly.
4. Voting for your own icon is allowed, but not encouraged. Only vote for your own icon if you truly     think it's the best there.
5. Anonymous voting is not allowed.
6. Please vote in the following format:
[Favourite, second favourite, third favourite]
8, 2, 6
Your first choice will receive 3 points, the second 2 points, and the third 1 point.
The mods will post in this order: hanjae, waka_laka, idyllica.
The banner-makers are as follows: idyllica, ashly_2x1, _day_dreams.